Keeping Our Facilities Safe from the Coronavirus
As the number of US COVID-19 cases approach 6.7 million, Loomis continues to follow the guidelines set by federal, state, county, and local governments, in conjunction with the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) protocols. By mitigating the spread of COVID-19, we protect the health and safety of our employees and customers and strive to keep our facilities safe from the virus.
Updated Safety Practices for Loomis Critical Infrastructure Workers
As part of the U.S. Cybersecurity and Infrastructure Security Agency’s essential critical infrastructure workforce, Loomis employees are classified as Critical Infrastructure Workers. On September 11, 2020, the CDC released new Interim Guidance that details the specific circumstances in which critical infrastructure workers are permitted to continue performing their duties if exposed to the COVID-19 virus.
Under these guidelines, if critical infrastructure workers experience potential exposure to the virus, they may continue working if they remain asymptomatic and additional precautions are implemented. A potential exposure occurs when they experience household contact or are within 6 feet of an individual with a confirmed or suspected COVID-19 infection. These additional precautions required by the CDC are included in our Wellness Check Screenings, mandatory mask usage, social distancing, and disinfection of work areas.
Loomis is developing protocols for its employees based on these CDC guidelines, and they will be distributed to all Loomis employees in the coming weeks.
Continuing Critical Infrastructure Support
Loomis employees continue to play a significant role in maintaining the nation’s critical infrastructure during the ongoing national emergency by providing its essential services to the nation’s retail and financial sectors. When our employees are sometimes required to travel to other city and state locations, they carry an ‘Essential Employee: Critical Infrastructure Worker Notification’ card.
This card expedites travel in the service of critical infrastructure support where travel is allowed by federal, state, and local jurisdictions, and is used with the employee’s Loomis Identification Card.
Ongoing COVID-19 Reduction Strategies
Loomis continues to direct branch employees to follow established CDC guidelines to reduce the spread of COVID-19. These strategies include washing hands, social distancing, mandatory cloth face coverings (when social distancing is not an option), cleaning and disinfecting work areas, and monitoring personal health. We reinforce these procedures with ongoing meetings, videos, posters, and signage.
The following COVID-19 reduction strategies also remain in use throughout the branches:
- Branch Wellness Check screenings: All Loomis employees, customers, and essential visitors are subject to the Loomis Branch Wellness Check screenings. The screenings consist of a brief questionnaire to establish if the employee, customer, or essential visitor has been exposed to COVID-19 in the last 14 days, or if they have symptoms. The questionnaire is followed by a no-contact temperature check. No records are kept of the wellness screenings, and those who have symptoms are not allowed into the branch. All branch visitors must wear a cloth face covering or mask during their visit. Loomis continues to monitor each state’s travel restrictions to help facilitate customer branch audits and other essential visits.
- Health and hygiene: CDC health and hygiene protocols are practiced by branch employees, including mandatory cloth face coverings, social distancing, frequent handwashing with soap and water or hand sanitizer, avoiding hand contact of the eyes, nose, mouth, and face, covering the mouth and nose when coughing or sneezing, and disinfecting their work areas. Employees are also encouraged to use these health and hygiene practices outside their jobs.
- Branch sanitization and disinfection: Branches and vehicles are regularly cleaned; those in ‘hot spot’ areas are cleaned at a higher frequency. High-touch areas at the branches are sanitized throughout the day, and employees are responsible for sanitizing their work areas with disinfectant wipes at the end of their shifts. Hand-held devices are cleaned throughout the day and night. Disinfectant wipes are kept near branch time clocks so that our employees can disinfect their keypads, and paper towel dispensers are located near facility doors to eliminate physical contact with the door.
- Mandatory cloth face coverings: Cloth face coverings are available to all Loomis employees, and we continue to keep them in supply at our branches. All employees are required to wear masks in the branches. We continue to adhere to federal, state, county, and local governments’ requirements on their proper usage, and we also respect our customers’ requests while providing services.
- Social distancing: The importance of social distancing is emphasized in our breakrooms with scheduled breaks to keep employees apart by a minimum distance of six feet. Branch areas where employees have to stand in line are demarcated with floor decals to space employees apart a minimum distance of six feet.
- COVID-19 testing policy:If a Loomis employee tests positive for COVID-19, our protocols require that any of their contacts are traced and notified. In line with CDC guidelines, no employee will be allowed to return to work without a doctor’s confirmation that they are free of symptoms.
Loomis Executive Team Branch Staffing Monitoring
The Loomis executive team continues to oversee branch staffing fluctuations and absenteeism daily to ensure the fulfillment of contractual service agreements during the pandemic. All branch events, including employee health issues related to COVID-19, are monitored 24 hours a day, seven days a week. With these efforts, Loomis ensures that our branches operate on a ‘business as usual’ basis.
In the event of an unavoidable service interruption, our customers are notified via their Account Manager or as part of the Loomis Business Continuity Emergency Alert System.
Our Commitment to Health and Safety
As part of our commitment to the health and safety of our employees and in recognition of their role as essential workers, Loomis is ramping up efforts to make sure that our employees get their annual flu vaccines to reduce occurrences of severe respiratory illnesses. While the flu shot does not protect against COVID-19, it protects against multiple strains of the influenza viruses expected to be in circulation this flu season.
Loomis remains committed to reducing the spread of COVID-19 and maintaining the health and safety of our employees, our customers, and the communities we serve. We always strive to fulfill our customers’ needs and to work with our customers as they reopen their businesses.
Questions or Concerns?
If you have questions about your Loomis products or services or any of your locations are experiencing operational disruptions resulting from COVID-19, please reach out to your Account Manager or our Customer Contact Center at 877-877-0560. In addition, if you are aware of any financial institutions or retail entities that may need Loomis’ assistance during this time, please let us know.