Loomis US COVID-19 Vaccination and Branch Access Update
Loomis COVID-19 Vaccination Update
As Essential Employees under the Cyber Infrastructure Security Agency act of 2018, our employees are eligible to receive the vaccine before the general population. While Loomis’ main priority is to vaccinate all employees during the first quarter of 2021, the limited availability of COVID-19 vaccines has hindered our efforts. We have provided all of our branch employees with guidance on obtaining vaccinations in their area via email, branch handouts, and branch posters. Our goal is to help our employees find local vaccination resources to determine when and where they can receive the vaccine.
In the meantime, Loomis continues to monitor our employees for infection of the SARS-CoV-2 virus and its variants. We continue to enforce cloth face masks protocols, social distancing, no-contact temperature screening, and other recognized virus reduction strategies.
Branch Access Policy Update
Branch Access Policy for Customer Audits
Loomis has resumed allowing customers and their delegates to perform audits of our facilities if they meet the following requirements:
- All visitors must pass a Wellness Check and a no-contact temperature check at the Loomis facility.
- All visitors must have received a negative result from a Coronavirus disease 2019 (COVID-19) Molecular (RNA or PCR test) diagnostic test within three days of arrival at the Loomis facility.
- All visitors must wear an approved face covering that fits snugly over their mouth, nose, and chin area at all times within the Loomis facility.
Customers and their delegates seeking branch access for auditing purposes are subject to Wellness Check screenings before they are allowed entrance to the branch. During the Wellness Check screening, they will be given a brief questionnaire to determine if they have been exposed to COVID-19 in the last 14 days and if they have any symptoms. The questionnaire is followed by a no-contact temperature check. Wellness Check results are not recorded, and those with symptoms will not be allowed access to the Loomis facility.
Branch Access Policy for Loomis Employees
All Loomis employees are subject to Wellness Check screenings before they are allowed to access the branch. During the Wellness Check screening, employees are given a brief questionnaire to determine if they have been exposed to COVID-19 in the last 14 days and if they have any symptoms. The questionnaire is followed by a no-contact temperature check. Wellness Check results are not documented, and those with symptoms are immediately separated from other employees and sent home and seek medical attention if warranted.
Loomis branches remain open and operating, but visitor branch access that is not critical to business operations remains prohibited until further notice during the ongoing pandemic, with the exception of Customer Branch Audits.
COVID-19 Reduction Strategies
Loomis follows CDC guidelines along with federal, state, county, and local policies in all of our mitigation efforts. The following COVID-19 reduction strategies are in effect throughout the Loomis branches:
- The proper use of cloth face masks: Loomis posters throughout the branches show the proper way to wear cloth face masks to reduce the spread of COVID-19 as part of an effort to reinforce the importance of cloth face masks for our employees. Wearing cloth face masks is mandatory at Loomis, and we keep them in supply at our branches for employees and customers with delegates performing audits.
- Thermal temperature checks: Loomis branches with a large number of employees have been equipped with contactless fever detection devices to streamline the COVID-19 symptom screening process. Employees and customers with delegates performing audits at the branch who have a fever will be instructed to leave the branch and seek medical care.
- Branch Wellness Check screenings: All Loomis employees and customers with delegates performing audits are subject to the Loomis Branch Wellness Check screenings.
- Health and hygiene: Branch employees practice CDC health and hygiene protocols as they perform their jobs, including mandatory masks, social distancing, frequent handwashing with soap and water or hand sanitizer, avoiding hand contact of the eyes, nose, mouth, and face, covering the mouth and nose when coughing or sneezing, and disinfecting their work areas. Employees are also encouraged to use these health and hygiene protocols outside their jobs.
- Flu prevention: Although COVID-19 is a primary health concern at Loomis, the flu is still a health threat at the Loomis Branches. Loomis recently distributed communications that detail information on how employees can get their flu vaccination in their area.
- Branch sanitization and disinfection: Branches and vehicles are regularly cleaned; those in ‘hot spot’ areas are cleaned at a higher frequency. High-touch areas at the branches are sanitized throughout the day, and employees are responsible for sanitizing their work areas with disinfectant wipes at the end of their shifts. Hand-held devices are cleaned throughout the day and night. Disinfectant wipes are kept near branch time clocks so that our employees can disinfect their keypads, and paper towel dispensers are located near facility doors to eliminate physical contact with the door.
- Social distancing: The importance of social distancing is emphasized in our breakrooms with scheduled breaks to keep employees apart by a minimum distance of six feet. Large gatherings of employees are prohibited, and branch areas where employees occasionally have to stand in line are demarcated with floor decals to space employees apart with a minimum distance of six feet.
- COVID-19 testing policy: If a Loomis employee tests positive for COVID-19, our protocols require that any of their contacts are traced and notified. In line with CDC guidelines, no employee will be allowed to return to work until they are free of symptoms.
Monitoring Loomis Employee COVID-19 Health Issues
Loomis employee health issues related to COVID-19 are monitored 24 hours a day, seven days a week by the Loomis executive team. Branch staffing fluctuations and absenteeism are reviewed daily to ensure the fulfillment of our customers’ contractual service agreements. Loomis continues to secure and maintain the continuity of our branch operations throughout the US.
Our customers will be notified via their Account Manager or as part of the Loomis Business Continuity Emergency Alert System in the event of an unavoidable service interruption.
Our vigilance of branch health issues demonstrates our commitment to reducing the spread of COVID-19 and to maintaining the health and safety of our employees, our customers, and the communities we serve. We always strive to fulfill our customers’ needs and help support their businesses.
Questions or Concerns?
If you have questions about your Loomis products or services or any of your locations are experiencing operational disruptions resulting from COVID-19, please reach out to your Account Manager or our Customer Contact Center at 877-877-0560. In addition, if you are aware of any financial institutions or retail entities that may need Loomis’ assistance during this time, please let us know.