Loomis Employee Vaccination Goals Established
As the number of cases of COVID-19 climb, Loomis continues to monitor our employees for infection of the SARS-CoV-2 virus. We continue to enforce cloth face masks protocols, social distancing, no-contact temperature screening, and other recognized virus reduction strategies during this time. We are also monitoring the B.1.1.7 virus variant.
Loomis’ main priority is to vaccinate all employees during the first quarter of 2021, and we are in the process of providing our branches with guidance for employees on how to obtain vaccinations in their area. Since each state establishes its vaccination protocols based on Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) recommendations, our goal is to help them find the proper vaccine availability resource to determine when and where they can obtain the COVID-19 vaccine. As our branches work through the vaccination process, we ask that all customers forego external audits until further notice.
As Essential Employees, our employees are eligible to receive the vaccine before the general population. Loomis employees are classified as Essential Employees under the Cyber Infrastructure Security Agency act of 2018. Loomis employees carry an ‘Essential Employee: Critical Infrastructure Worker Notification’ card used in conjunction with the employee’s Loomis Identification Card. During the pandemic, our employees continue to maintain the nation’s critical infrastructure during the ongoing national emergency by providing our essential services to the retail and financial sectors.
Branch Access Policy
Our branches remain open and operating, but visitor access that is not critical to business operations remains prohibited at Loomis Branches during the ongoing pandemic. We will continue to enforce this measure until further notice.
All Loomis employees are subject to Wellness Check screenings before they are allowed to access the branch. During the Wellness Check screening, employees are given a brief questionnaire to determine if they have been exposed to COVID-19 in the last 14 days, and if they have any symptoms. The questionnaire is followed by a no-contact temperature check. Wellness Check results are not recorded, and those with symptoms are immediately separated from other employees and sent home and seek medical attention if warranted.
COVID-19 Reduction Strategies
Loomis follows CDC guidelines along with federal, state, county, and local policies in all of our mitigation efforts. The following COVID-19 reduction strategies are in effect throughout the Loomis branches:
- The proper use of cloth face masks: As part of an effort to reinforce the importance of cloth face masks to our employees, Loomis produced and circulated posters throughout the branches that show how properly wearing cloth face masks reduces the spread of COVID-19. Wearing cloth face masks is mandatory at Loomis, and we keep them in supply at our branches for our employees.
- Thermal temperature checks: Loomis branches with a large number of employees have been equipped with contactless fever detection devices to streamline the COVID-19 symptom screening process. Employees with a fever will be instructed to return home and seek medical care.
- Branch Wellness Check screenings: All Loomis employees are subject to the Loomis Branch Wellness Check screenings as described above in the ‘Branch Access Screenings’ section.
- Health and hygiene: Branch employees practice CDC health and hygiene protocols as they perform their jobs, including mandatory masks, social distancing, frequent handwashing with soap and water or hand sanitizer, avoiding hand contact of the eyes, nose, mouth, and face, covering the mouth and nose when coughing or sneezing, and disinfecting their work areas. Employees are also encouraged to use these health and hygiene protocols outside their jobs.
- Flu prevention: Although COVID-19 is a primary health concern at Loomis, the flu is still a health threat at the Loomis Branches. Loomis recently distributed communications that details information on how employees can get their flu vaccination in their area.
- Branch sanitization and disinfection: Branches and vehicles are regularly cleaned; those in ‘hot spot’ areas are cleaned at a higher frequency. High-touch areas at the branches are sanitized throughout the day, and employees are responsible for sanitizing their work areas with disinfectant wipes at the end of their shifts. Hand-held devices are cleaned throughout the day and night. Disinfectant wipes are kept near branch time clocks so that our employees can disinfect their keypads, and paper towel dispensers are located near facility doors to eliminate physical contact with the door.
- Social distancing: The importance of social distancing is emphasized in our breakrooms with scheduled breaks to keep employees apart by a minimum distance of six feet. Large gatherings of employees are prohibited, and branch areas where employees occasionally have to stand in line are demarcated with floor decals to space employees apart with a minimum distance of six feet.
- COVID-19 testing policy: If a Loomis employee tests positive for COVID-19, our protocols require that any of their contacts are traced and notified. In line with CDC guidelines, no employee will be allowed to return to work until they are free of symptoms.
Monitoring Loomis Employee COVID-19 Health Issues
Loomis employee health issues related to COVID-19 are monitored 24 hours a day, seven days a week by the Loomis executive team. Branch staffing fluctuations and absenteeism are monitored daily to ensure the fulfillment of contractual service agreements. Loomis ensures that all of our branches operate on a ‘business as usual’ basis.
Our customers will be notified via their Account Manager or as part of the Loomis Business Continuity Emergency Alert System in the event of an unavoidable service interruption.
Our Commitment to Health and Safety
Loomis remains committed to reducing the spread of COVID-19 and maintaining the health and safety of our employees, our customers, and the communities we serve. We always strive to fulfill our customers’ needs and work with our customers to help support their businesses.
Questions or Concerns?
If you have questions about your Loomis products or services or any of your locations are experiencing operational disruptions resulting from COVID-19, please reach out to your Account Manager or our Customer Contact Center at 877-877-0560. In addition, if you are aware of any financial institutions or retail entities that may need Loomis’ assistance during this time, please let us know.