Loomis COVID-19 Prevention Branch Update
Loomis COVID-19 Prevention Branch Update
On March 2, 2021, the governors of Texas and Mississippi announced they would be lifting their state’s mask mandates and rolling back COVID-19 health mandates. These actions are now in effect in both states. Loomis US, however, will continue to enforce mask mandates and other COVID-19 health mandates with employees at all of our US branches. We believe it is best to follow the existing Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) guidelines until further notice to protect the health of our employees, customers, and the general public..
As Essential Employees under the Cyber Infrastructure Security Agency act of 2018, our employees are eligible to receive the vaccine before the general population.
Branch Access Policy for Customer Audits
Loomis has resumed allowing customers and their delegates to perform audits of our facilities if they meet the following requirements:
- All visitors must pass a Wellness Check and a no-contact temperature check at the Loomis facility.
- All visitors must have received a negative result from a Coronavirus disease 2019 (COVID-19) diagnostic test (such as a Molecular [RNA, PCR or Rapid test) within three days of arrival at the Loomis facility.
- All visitors must wear an approved face covering that fits snugly over their mouth, nose, and chin area at all times within the Loomis facility.
Customers and their delegates seeking branch access for auditing purposes are subject to Wellness Check screenings before they are allowed entrance to the branch. During the Wellness Check screening, they will be given a brief questionnaire to determine if they have been exposed to COVID-19 in the last 14 days and if they have any symptoms. The questionnaire is followed by a no-contact temperature check. Wellness Check results are not recorded, and those with symptoms will not be allowed access to the Loomis facility.
Branch Access Policy for Loomis Employees and Visitors
All Loomis employees are subject to Wellness Check screenings before they are allowed to enter the branch. During the screening, employees take a brief questionnaire to determine if they have been exposed to COVID-19 in the last 14 days and if they have any symptoms. The questionnaire is followed by a no-contact temperature check. Wellness Check results are not documented, and those with symptoms are sent home to seek medical attention if warranted.
Loomis branches remain open and operating, but visitor branch access that is not critical to business operations remains prohibited until further notice during the ongoing pandemic, with the exception of Customer Branch Audits.
COVID-19 Reduction Strategies
The following COVID-19 reduction strategies are in effect for all Loomis employees at our branches and customer service locations:
- Cloth face masks: Loomis branch management continues to remind employees to follow CDC mask guidelines at our branches and at customer service locations. Inside the branches, posters show the proper way to wear cloth face to reduce the spread of COVID-19. Wearing cloth face masks is mandatory at Loomis, and we keep them in supply at our branches for employees and customers with delegates performing audits.
- Social distancing: The importance of social distancing is emphasized in our breakrooms with scheduled breaks to keep employees apart by a minimum distance of six feet. Large gatherings of employees are prohibited, and branch areas where employees occasionally have to stand in line are marked with floor decals to a minimum distance of six feet between employees.
- Branch Wellness Check screenings and thermal temperature checks: All Loomis employees and customers with delegates performing audits are subject to the Loomis Branch Wellness Check screenings. Loomis branches with large numbers of employees are equipped with contactless fever detection devices to streamline the COVID-19 symptom screening process. Employees and customers with delegates who are determined to have a fever will be instructed to leave the branch and seek medical care.
- Health and hygiene: Branch employees practice CDC health and hygiene protocols as they perform their jobs, including mandatory masks, social distancing, frequent handwashing with soap and water or hand sanitizer, avoiding hand contact of the eyes, nose, mouth, and face, covering the mouth and nose when coughing or sneezing, and disinfecting their work areas.
- Branch sanitization and disinfection: Branches and vehicles are regularly cleaned; those in ‘hot spot’ areas are cleaned at a higher frequency. High-touch areas at the branches are sanitized throughout the day, and employees are responsible for sanitizing their work areas with disinfectant wipes at the end of their shifts. Hand-held devices are cleaned throughout the day and night. Disinfectant wipes are kept near branch time clocks so that our employees can disinfect their keypads, and paper towel dispensers are located near facility doors to eliminate physical contact with the door.
- COVID-19 testing policy: If a Loomis employee tests positive for COVID-19, our protocols require that any of their contacts are traced and notified. In line with CDC guidelines, no employee will be allowed to return to work until they are free of symptoms.
Monitoring Loomis Employee COVID-19 Health Issues
Loomis employee health issues related to COVID-19 are monitored 24 hours a day, seven days a week by the Loomis executive team. Branch staffing fluctuations and absenteeism are reviewed daily to ensure the fulfillment of our customers’ contractual service agreements. Loomis continues to secure and maintain the continuity of our branch operations throughout the US.
Our customers will be notified via their Account Manager or as part of the Loomis Business Continuity Emergency Alert System in the event of an unavoidable service interruption.
Our vigilance of branch health issues demonstrates our commitment to reducing the spread of COVID-19 and to maintaining the health and safety of our employees, our customers, and the communities we serve. We always strive to fulfill our customers’ needs and help support their businesses.
Questions or Concerns?
If you have questions about your Loomis products or services or any of your locations are experiencing operational disruptions resulting from COVID-19, please reach out to your Account Manager or our Customer Contact Center at 877-877-0560. In addition, if you are aware of any financial institutions or retail entities that may need Loomis’ assistance during this time, please let us know.