COVID-19 Vaccine Distribution Begins in the US
With the distribution of COVID-19 vaccines in its early stages, the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) recommended on December 18, 2020 that initial supplies of COVID-19 vaccine be allocated to healthcare personnel and long-term care facility residents. Vaccination recommendations will expand to include more groups as the availability of the vaccine increases. The goal is for everyone to easily get vaccinated against COVID-19 as soon as large enough quantities are available.
While the timeline for distribution remains to be formalized, Loomis continues to mitigate the spread of the SARS-CoV-2 throughout our branches with daily Branch Wellness checks of every employee who enters our branches. We continue to utilize cloth face masks protocols, social distancing, no-contact temperature screening, and other recognized virus reduction strategies. Loomis follows CDC guidelines along with federal, state, county, and local policies in all of our mitigation efforts.
Critical Infrastructure Support
Loomis employees continue to do their part to maintain the nation’s critical infrastructure during the ongoing national emergency by providing its essential services to the retail and financial sectors.
/ When our employees are sometimes required to travel to other city and state locations to provide critical infrastructure support, Loomis employees carry an ‘Essential Employee: Critical Infrastructure Worker Notification’ card. This card is used with the employee’s Loomis Identification Card, helps expedite travel as allowed by federal, state, and local jurisdictions.
Visitor Access Policy at Loomis Branches
During the ongoing pandemic, visitor access that is not critical to business operations remains prohibited at Loomis Branches. Our branches remain open, but we will continue to enforce this temporary measure until further notice.
Loomis continues to perform Wellness Check screenings of all Loomis employees. Employees are given a brief questionnaire to determine if they have been exposed to COVID-19 in the last 14 days and if they have any symptoms. The questionnaire is followed by a no-contact temperature check. Wellness Check results are not recorded, and those with symptoms are immediately separated from other employees and sent home and seek medical attention if warranted.
Ongoing COVID-19 Reduction Strategies
The following COVID-19 reduction strategies remain in effect throughout the Loomis branches:
- Thermal temperature checks: Loomis branches with a large number of employees are being equipped with contactless fever detection devices to streamline the COVID-19 symptom screening process. Employees with a fever will return home and seek medical care.
- Branch Wellness Check screenings: All Loomis employees are subject to the Loomis Branch Wellness Check screenings as indicated above.
- Health and hygiene: Branch employees practice CDC health and hygiene protocols as they perform their jobs, including mandatory masks, social distancing, frequent handwashing with soap and water or hand sanitizer, avoiding hand contact of the eyes, nose, mouth, and face, covering the mouth and nose when coughing or sneezing, and disinfecting their work areas. Employees are also encouraged to use these health and hygiene protocols outside their jobs.
- Branch sanitization and disinfection: Branches and vehicles are regularly cleaned; those in ‘hot spot’ areas are cleaned at a higher frequency. High-touch areas at the branches are sanitized throughout the day, and employees are responsible for sanitizing their work areas with disinfectant wipes at the end of their shifts. Hand-held devices are cleaned throughout the day and night. Disinfectant wipes are kept near branch time clocks so that our employees can disinfect their keypads, and paper towel dispensers are located near facility doors to eliminate physical contact with the door.
- Mandatory masks: Cloth face masks are available to all Loomis employees, and we continue to keep them in supply at our branches. Posters throughout the branches remind all employees that they must wear masks and follow the protocols for wearing them correctly when working inside and outside of the branch.
- Social distancing: The importance of social distancing is emphasized in our breakrooms with scheduled breaks to keep employees apart by a minimum distance of six feet. Large gatherings of employees are prohibited, and branch areas where employees occasionally have to stand in line are demarcated with floor decals to space employees apart with a minimum distance of six feet.
- COVID-19 testing policy: If a Loomis employee tests positive for COVID-19, our protocols require that any of their contacts are traced and notified. In line with CDC guidelines, no employee will be allowed to return to work until they are free of symptoms.
Monitoring Loomis Branch COVID-19 Events
All health-related branch events, including employee health issues related to COVID-19, are monitored 24 hours a day, seven days a week by the Loomis executive team. Branch staffing fluctuations and absenteeism are monitored daily to ensure the fulfillment of contractual service agreements. Loomis ensures that all of our branches operate on a ‘business as usual’ basis.
In the event of an unavoidable service interruption, our customers will be notified via their Account Manager or as part of the Loomis Business Continuity Emergency Alert System.
Our Commitment to Health and Safety
Loomis remains committed to reducing the spread of COVID-19 and maintaining the health and safety of our employees, our customers, and the communities we serve. We always strive to fulfill our customers’ needs and work with our customers to help support their businesses.
Questions or Concerns?
If you have questions about your Loomis products or services or any of your locations are experiencing operational disruptions resulting from COVID-19, please reach out to your Account Manager or our Customer Contact Center at 877-877-0560. In addition, if you are aware of any financial institutions or retail entities that may need Loomis’ assistance during this time, please let us know.